July 11-14, 2016 / Washington, DC
George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health
George Washington University School of Medicine
The 2016 Spirituality and Health Summer Institute will address spirituality as a solution to the current challenges in our healthcare system. Together we will look for opportunities in the changing healthcare environment, in which spirituality can be integrated as an essential component of care.
The agenda will focus on:
- The State of Science in Spirituality in Health
- The Role of interdisciplinary teams in the development of a biopsychosocialspiritual treatment/care plan
- Leadership and Networking
- Education with Reflection and Compassion
- Learning is both didactic and experiential, including large- and small-group case-based discussions, treatment/care plan development by interdisciplinary teams with standardized patients, and time for personal reflection.